Standards Issues Note

September 27, 2019

A lot of you probably wondered what has been happening with the completed applications in the system and this post is to explain with further details everything that has happened.

Incident #1
When we changed the Standards from the old format to the new one, there was a bug where the system was still checking the old standards required for COMPLETED even though the EP filled the new survey. This caused a lot of applications to become COMPLETED even though they did not meet all the required standards.

This was resolved on 6th September 2019 by checking the required standards in the new format. We also ran a script to check all applications in the last 3 months with the new standards. Any completed applications that did not meet all required standards were moved back to FINISHED.

Incident #2
We also noticed a bug where the system sent the old standards survey to EPs even though the new survey was available. This created a conflict where the system was checking the old survey with the new required standards. Hence, there were many applications that were marked as FINISHED even though they were completed.

This was resolved on 27th September 2019 by running a script to reference all applications in the last 6 months to check old surveys with the old format (and) the new surveys with the new format. We have referenced all applications with their surveys and have verified the results.


  • Standards surveys and validations have been updated to the new format for all future applications
  • All applications in the last 6 months have been checked for both old standards (or) new standards and the statuses have been updated.
  • It is expected to see more/less COMPLETEDs than before, however we assure you the stats have been verified.

We are sorry for any inconvenience that we might have caused with this issue and we are taking clear actions for this to not happen again in the future.

For more information of how we calculate COMPLETEDs checkĀ